Do you have a toothache? If so, we are here to help you! First, use one or more of the following remedies at home to try and dull the pain:
• Swish Salt Water: Put a teaspoon of salt in a cup of water and swish it around in your mouth for about 30 seconds. When the time is up, spit it out into the sink. Repeat this process as much as needed. The salt water cleans the infected area and draws out the liquid that causes the swelling.
• Ice the Area: Get one or two ice cubes and put them in a plastic bag. Then, place the ice over the tooth or outside the cheek that covers the tooth. Do not use a heating pack to relieve the pain and please avoid things like hot or sweet foods if they increase your pain.
• Brush Your Teeth: Use a toothbrush that is perfect for sensitive teeth. Brush near and around the tooth that is hurting. You can also try flossing to free any excess food particles that might be stuck.
• Use Clove Oil: Clove oil is known to relieve toothaches. If you coat a gauze pad or cotton ball with the oil and rub it over the tooth, the pain should be relieved and you should feel more comfortable and relaxed.
• Use Vanilla Extract: Like the clove oil, place vanilla extract on a gauze pad or cotton ball and rub it over your tooth to relieve the pain. Vanilla extract helps relieve the pain you feel and it also provides a calming effect.
If these remedies do not relieve your tooth pain, please call our office and schedule an appointment with our holistic dentist. We are happy to meet with you and help you achieve the relief and overall health you deserve!