Beautiful Smiles Are Just the Beginning
The Healthy Start System is an all-natural, non-pharmaceutical, and non-surgical treatment option delivered exclusively by Dr. Wendy Haefner. Healthy Start is a series of uniquely designed oral appliances worn a few hours a day and/or during the night while your child sleeps. These soft comfortable appliances address the root cause of sleep disordered breathing, promote nasal breathing, and discourage mouth breathing as they widen the dental arches and help develop the jaw while straightening teeth- just as nature intended.
Early Treatment is Critical
How Do I Know if My Child Needs the Healthy Start System?
After a thorough dental checkup as early as age 3, Dr. Wendy will discuss possible dental conditions your child may develop that warrant Healthy Start. The Healthy Start appliance is recommended for a number of issues, including:
- Under bite or overbite
- Gummy smile
- Cross bite
- Open bite
- Thumb sucking
- Mouth breathing
- Deviated swallow
Benefits of the Healthy Start System
Dr. Wendy and her dental team are committed to bringing their patients the most up-to-date dental technology with proven long-term benefits. When you choose the Healthy Start System, you experience the following benefits:
- You achieve a healthy smile with an appliance that works better than braces, plastic aligners, or surgery.
- You prevent crooked teeth with gentle treatments versus correcting crooked teeth.
- You can use Healthy Start at any age, preferably starting as early as 3 years old.
- You achieve permanent results with no relapse.
- You experience no discomfort.
- You use a FDA approved appliance that is safe and natural.
- You achieve faster results than with traditional orthodontics.
- You invest half the fee of traditional orthodontics.
Consequences of Sleep-Disordered Breathing
When your child does not get a good night’s sleep, she or he may become irritable, may require sleep during the day, and may have difficulty concentrating in school. On the other hand, your child’s behavior could become hyperactive. These behaviors could possibly lead to the following consequences of SDB.
- Behavior and Learning: If your child suffers from sleep-disordered breathing, he or she may exhibit disruptive behavior at home or at school, especially in reading and mathematics. Attention deficit disorders (both ADD and ADHD) have been linked to poor sleep. Many pediatricians claim that children under the age of 6 can not be diagnosed correctly with ADD/ADHD, but should be diagnosed as SDB instead. Some medical doctors even have difficulty differentiating between SDB and ADD/ADHD at this age because the signs and symptoms mimic each other so closely.
- Growth: Sleep-disordered breathing could affect the production of growth hormones stymieing proper development.
- Enuresis: If your child is a bed wetter, the imbalance of the endocrine system caused by sleep-disordered breathing is the probable cause.
- Obesity: If your child has sleep-disordered breathing, his or her body may be resistant to insulin or experience daytime fatigue, resulting in decreased physical activity.
- Social: Loud snoring can become a social issue if your child shares a room with siblings or avoids sleepovers because of embarrassing loud snoring.
Prevent Crooked Teeth Before They Need Correcting with the Healthy Start System™
The Healthy Start System™ is a revolutionary departure from traditional orthodontics into an early, non-invasive, natural way of straightening teeth. It works as well as or better than braces, plastic aligners, surgery, or any other option to achieve a picture-perfect, beautiful smile. Dr. Wendy is considered the leading provider of Healthy Start in her area. Healthy Start has treated over 3 million children worldwide over the past 40 years.